This was the first time I have tried to get animated visuals to 'fit' with music. As the work progressed in Aftereffects key issues emerged:
1) How to make visuals to respond specific notes in the composition.
Ater much online tutorial watching I was able to display the sound file as a wave form, this meant that peaks were easy to identify and actions could be made to correspond accordingly.
2) How to render the composition without the sound and visuals drifting apart.
My first attempts rendering the work resulted in the visuals drifting away from the audio. After some experiments I discovered that H260 was the best setting to keep the timing on track.