Sunday 31 January 2016

Landscape & Light

The private view for the Letheringham Lodge project (Landscape & Light) was well attended and proved a great opportunity to meet up with other artists working in similar disciplines. Information about the event including; work produced, and profiles of artists who took part can be found at: http://landscapeandlight.org/page-a/

The installation I produced can be seen in the videos below. I feel it worked better than anticipated, with the wind adding a real element of movement to the work. During the setting up of the work I somehow managed to flip the screen on my laptop resulting in the projected image from one side of the installation being upside down. This happy accident was left to feature in the work as I felt it  created further visual interest as the layers mixed on the central panels. Also below are also images of my work projected onto the lodge as part of the exhibition showreel.

In reflection this has been a great project which has again shifted the course of my practice. It's main legacy will be my reconnection with drawing from life as a means to develop ideas and imagery, and a focus on the installation itself and its relationship to the context in which it sits.









  




















LLOYD EVANS - Landscape & Light 1 from Lloyd Evans on Vimeo.

LLOYD EVANS -Lodge 2 from Lloyd Evans on Vimeo.

LLOYD EVANS - Lodge 3 from Lloyd Evans on Vimeo.
LLOYD EVANS - Lodge 4 from Lloyd Evans on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment