Thursday 1 October 2015

Paperwork - Performance



















LLOYD EVANS PAPERWORK PERFORMANCE2 from Lloyd Evans on Vimeo.

LLOYD EVANS PAPERWORK FROM AUDIENCE from Lloyd Evans on Vimeo.

LLOYD EVANS PAPERWORK PERFORMANCE1 from Lloyd Evans on Vimeo.

I believe the Paperwork project to have been a great success,
it presented me with a fantastic space in which to project and
brought a large audience to the work. I have been able to
collaborate with other creatives, and it has pushed me to learn
how to use After Effects. It also provided me with a body of
work I feel confident to use in my portfolio. However I see the
most successful aspect of the experience is the opportunities
it may have sparked for the future. After collaborating with
Mark Aaron we both have agreed to work on further joint
projects, with several ideas already in the pipe line. Through
the Roof Productions were also very happy with the work
and have expressed an interest in working with me on future
performances. We have already discussed a project in which
the projection is more integral to the performance and possibly
interactive.

The experience has also confirmed my desire to continue to use
projection as the method of presenting my images. Projection
allows me to work on a scale I have never found possible with
other media, enabling me to produce immersive work on a
limited budget. The whole paperwork project cost as little as
£77.57 and the work itself occupied a 10 metre x 10 metre
space.

The biggest challenge I faced during this project was time. Time
to experiment and test my ideas at Dance East was limited, If I
had known what I know now about lighting rigs etc it would all
have been a much smoother process. I really needed at least a
day in the space to test and experiment.
This project has also confirmed my developing idea that the most
effective way to get ones work seen is not through the traditional
gallery channel, but through attaching oneself to events such as
these, which bring with them an audience the size one would
struggle to attract to a gallery based exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment