Sunday 17 May 2015

Projection Mapping

Projection Mapping is something which until now I have purposefully not investigated. I have been interested in its use in the work of others, but have excluded it from my own investigation. This is because I have wanted to see how my work would be warped/affected, through projection onto irregular surfaces in different contexts.

However, with projection mapping I could go someway to negate the effects of different physical contexts. This would let me compare and contrast how a projection-mapped, and a non projection-mapped image 'work' in different spaces. Many people use projection mapping to create site specific work which reacts to the environment. But I may be able to use it to hide the differences in the environment, and present a standardized image.

I have found this link to free projection-mapping software. This has made experimenting with this process a realistic option.

http://pwl.bigfug.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment