Thursday 30 April 2015

Projecting onto water




LLOYD EVANS Projection water test 2 from Lloyd Evans on Vimeo.

Further to the experiments with fractured picture plains I have been considering alternative ways to affect/disrupt the image. My original idea was to project onto a body of water so that the image would be both in continuos motion and refracted/reflected onto adjacent surfaces. I am intending to test the affect of this in Ipswich marina over the following weeks. In this first test I projected onto water vapor in an attempt to create an ethereal image, which would appear to not 'sit' on any surface but hang suspended in the air. Unfortunately it turned out that while the projector was powerful enough I needed a much more powerful water source to create a dense spray. The light of the image is there but without definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment